Welcome to the Money & Geography Blog featuring high-quality money from around the world 🌍 Thank you for visiting! My three blogs — Amazing Astronomy, GeoFact of the Day, and this one — are inspired by my hobbies and passions; I do not earn any revenue from updating these websites!

Search the Money & Geography Blog

April 21, 2012

Namibia FAO Coin

Namibia 5 Cent - Obverse Namibia 5 Cent - Reverse

*Click on the images above to view them larger (they open in new windows)

From the year 2000, a Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) coin that I have from NAMIBIA, a southern African nation whose capital is Windhoek, is a 5 cent piece. Like with the Turkey FAO coin that I posted about, I received this coin in a 100-world coin deal from an online retailer (Shop at Home). The obverse shows a horse mackerel below the denomination; XXI Century is inscribed above the fish, while EAT MORE FISH is inscribed below the fish and its name. The reverse depicts Namibia's coat of arms and the year 2000.

No comments: